Social media may be all the rage for marketers these days, but old-school signage still works. If you’re trying to start or build a pet business, magnetic auto signage is still one of the most affordable ways to get your message out there. And they work, because you’ll find that you get phone calls while you’re stuck in traffic, and people will talk to you about your business when you park your car and step out of it. A sign can remind people that they need your product or service. When you’re in your car and you see a vehicle sign, it’s easy to pick up a mobile phone and call the number (that’s how I got my last lawn care guy).
We tried www.magnetsonthecheap.com for their fast turnaround and affordable pricing (starting at under $10). They have stock designs that you can use if you don’t want to design your own. We uploaded some artwork and our logo, which reproduced very nicely.
The magnet quality was very good, and the color really popped. I had to take it off during the heat of the Texas summer (daytime highs of 108 degrees) because I didn’t want it to fade or anything. It may not have, but I didn’t want to take any chances.
It looks great on the vehicle and it’s very eye-catching.
These signs are great for:
- Pet sitters
- Veterinary practices
- Yard poop pickup services
- Dog walkers
- Boutiques and pet shops
- Clean and dry your vehicle before attaching sign.
- Do not place sign over trim or ridges that could create air pockets.
- If you place the magnet crooked, peel it off and start again. Do not try to nudge or slide it into place.
- Store the magnets flat.
- Use a light background if your vehicle is dark for good contrast.
- Make the type big enough for people to read 20 yards away.
- Think about whether your business (i.e. a pet sitter) only serves certain cities/towns in your area, and if so, say it on your sign.
- Decide what action you want people to take. I wanted them to go to a website, so I put a web address on the magnet. If you’re a groomer, you may prefer that they call you instead. In that case, put your phone number on the magnet in numbers as large as you can manage.
- Pay attention to safe driving and obey all traffic laws. Remember, people do business with people, not companies. They may get turned off if you change lanes without signaling or follow too closely. Be a courteous driver to help build customer confidence.
I really liked the quality and fast shipping from MagnetsOnTheCheap.com. They also have another site, www.SignsOnTheCheap.com, if you need yard signs.