I don’t know who originally wrote this, but it’s too funny not to include it here.
- My dog sleeps about 20 hours a day.
- His food is prepared for him. He can eat whenever he wants, 24/7/365.
- His meals, home, health care, and transportation are provided at no cost to him by people who go out and work every day.
- He visits the doctor once a year for his checkup, and again during the year if any medical needs arise. For this, he pays nothing and nothing is required of him.
- The Federal government regulates the quality of his food, his medical care, his home, and any boarding facilities he may use. The Federal government enforces those regulations on everyone from whom he takes sustenance, shelter or recreation, and taxes those people to finance the research that result in the regulations.
- He lives in a nice neighborhood in a house that is much larger than he needs. He is not required to be responsible for any upkeep on the house.
- If he makes a mess, someone else cleans it up.
I was just thinking about all this, and suddenly it hit me like a brick in the head, “Holy cow! My dog’s a Democrat!”